Thursday, December 24, 2009

Brylee At 5 Weeks

I found this on my weekly updates from babycenter.com:


Your baby is learning that she has hands and fingers and feet and toes. She's also starting to talk more. Not with words, of course, but by cooing — with increasing goos, gurgles, and grunts. This marks the beginning of her language development. Talk to your baby often. You'll be able to keep her attention by shifting from a low to a high pitch — the singsong style that parents in every culture tend to use when speaking to a baby.


However, this does not mention rolling over from her tummy onto her back...twice! And Cary and I have yet to see it!




Is this not the most angelic picture of her?

After some convincing, she stayed with Cary's parents on Tuesday night...all night long. I am so grateful to them for taking her so that we could sleep through the night. And of course, my mom has been begging me to let Brylee stay with her overnight for the same reason. Which I will be doing possibly this weekend and/or the next weekend.

Cary and I originally did not want anyone taking care of her overnight until she slept through the night (or at least got past the 3 hour awake phase that seems to occur every night at some time), but he pointed out to me that once she does sleep through the night, I won't need the assistance as much now.

I kind of walked around in a daze yesterday morning, missing my daughter, but also trying to get the apartment a small, very needed, cleaning. I have dusted off the thick dust layer, figured out the sizes for Brylee so that way I can make sure she wears everything at least once, and finished up the laundry. But I was glad to have her back at lunchtime yesterday!

To me, her grandparents taking her overnight is considered a big Christmas gift to me. I get sleep!!! I do miss her while away, but I guess it also helps with the transition of her going to daycare while I go back to work (In 3 weeks... :o( ). I love my family!!!

Mom--get ready for your Brylee visit!

2 comments:

Carymc said...

I love that picture of her on Opa's shoulder.
Mom and dad said that she turned over from her stomach to her back twice. This is not supposed to happen until 2 or 3 months and she is only 5 weeks old (or 1 week if you adjust for her early birth date).

We all knew she was special.

WhitneyW said...

That is such a sweet picture of Brylee! =)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...