Saturday, December 5, 2009

An Evening From The Past

Tonight Cary and I went to my parents' house for our weekly family night with them. We had a great time taking pictures (some will be posted in the future!) for our family and planning our Christmas pictures as well.
Afterwards, we sat down to think about our evening plans, including dinner, when my parents popped a wonderful question on us: how about they watch Brylee and Chester while Cary and I have a date night?
While I felt bad that we didn't have our usual family night, Cary and I jumped at the opportunity to go out and have some us time. We went to the mall to see what movies were showing, and found that Blind Side was showing. This movie looked great in the previews, and the next showing was in 15 minutes, so we got the tickets.
This movie is really good! I would definitely recommend it. Sandra Bullock of course plays a great role, as well as all of the other actors. And I love that it was based on a true story. I think it is one of my favorites for this year.
I cannot thank my parents enough for the time they gave Cary and me together. This is the same with Cary's parents. It is such a blessing that we get to spend some time together, remembering the times we had that helped us develop our relationship, while they watch our children. So many people do not have the opportunity that we do, and tend to lose each other while raising children, which is what I want to do my best to avoid.
To our families: THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart. Words cannot express how much I love you guys for all that you do, and I feel incredibly blessed.
And now, here's a tease of the pictures we took tonight:

1 comment:

The Guess Family said...

We saw The Blind Side over Thanksgiving, while my mom and sister watched the girls at our hotel. It was great! We loved it!!!

Take good advantage of your parents. Our rare date nights here, cost $15 an hour to the babysitter!!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...