Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Greatest Dog Ever...

Chester, had a seizure last night. It lasted 2-3 minutes, and he was then disoriented for another couple of minutes.

My heart hurts. This dog means so much to both Cary and I, and I can't wait for Brylee to see the greatness in him that we do.
It is too early in the game to freak out, but doing research on the internet makes it look like epilepsy is the best situation. Some other posibilities include, according to this website:

Brain tumor or head injury
Lyme Disease
Renal Disease
Toxoplasmosis
Lissencephay
While feeding Brylee last night and watching Chester lay on her rug patiently waiting for me to go back to bed, I had to tell myself that I would rather have him have the seizures than any of us, for several reasons. One of them being that he will never get behind the wheel of a car.

Is it possible for him to only have one seizure and never have any problems again?

I know--he's just a dog to most people. But to me, he's one of my children. The most hairy, big-earred, goofy child, but also the best dog I've ever had.

6 comments:

Carymc said...

He is just a dog, not a child, but last night helped me to realize how important he is to this family. How much joy and playfulness he adds to our relationship. Just becuase he is only an animal doesn't mean that God can't use him to bless us, and He has certainly done that.

He is a wonderful dog, and it sadden me to see him like that last night, but also made me thankful for all that he has given us and thankful that we are all healthy.

The Guess Family said...

I hope he is okay. Maggie has actually done that twice in the past year. She is very out of it, unresponive and twitching for a couple of minutes. Afterwards, she seems really tired, but otherwise okay. I haven't tested her for all the possiblities (too expensive for a family with only one job!!!). But, we hope for the best and so far, so good. I hope Chester is the same!!!

T-Ma said...

Chester we love you! Not everyone has a grand puppy and even then not one that is as special as you are. Extra treat on Friday!

MommyTof3 said...

awh-sorry to hear abt Chester. Our dogs have had those two-I find when ever I look up things on teh internet I get all freaked out too-and its usually not as bad as I am reading about-I have found this out with the kiddoes when they are sick or anything and I "look it up"....LOLOL But it still does my paranoia wonders...{{HUGS}}

WhitneyW said...

I've been lurking on your blog for awhile. Just wanted to say, I know how you feel. My dog means the world to me even though she is just a "dog". She's my buddy =).

I hope everything works out with Chester!

=)

Brad McFadden said...

I hope he continues to bring joy to you and that he is healthy and happy.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...