Thursday, December 24, 2009

Starting Out Christmas With A Brrrr!!!!


It is seriously cold and windy outside! We are having what is considered a Texas blizzard--a first that I am aware of. The wind is strong outside, the roads are frozen, and the snow was swirling all around us earlier.




So much so that we are spending the night at my parents' house after celebrating Christmas with them. Fortunately, they are only 20 minutes away from where we live, but tonight, this will be our home. I lived in this house for 25 years, and now, I am staying here for the first time in 2 years!




Christmas has been magical so far with the snow. Brylee's first Christmas and it is something I never recall seeing before in my life--a white Christmas!

We started celebrating by eating pizza (it was going to be ham at my aunt's house, but because of the weather, the party was wisely canceled. I miss seeing them!), and then opened up gifts. Oh my goodness!!!! The things we got--especially Brylee-her wardrobe is set for the next year with no worries of repeats often!





We have since spent 'quality time' playing with our gifts (including my new laptop--wow!!!!) and enjoying time together. Brylee has been awake a couple of times to eat, and T-Ma excitedly steps in to feed.





What an amazing night, and a great way to kick off my favorite
holiday by remembering the most important thing--our Lord and Savior born this day, as well as our incredible family!

3 comments:

The Guess Family said...

When I enlarged one of the pictures, I saw that Brylee got the Baby Einstiend, "Mirror Me" book. All my girls have loved that, but it is Gracyn's ABSOULTE fav! She gets the biggest smiles when we read it and then dives at herself in the mirror. I hope Brylee has as much fun!

Carymc said...

this was my second favorite Christmas (at least in recent memory). Becuase of the snow and the fact that we got to spend so much time with our families.

My most favorite Christmas was 2 years ago for our Honeymoon. I'm not sure if we can ever top that one.

MommyTof3 said...

Sounds like you all had a really fun Christmas-What a spoiled little girl you have and SNOW!!!! SOOooooo cool-Cant believe it-but Cool!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...