Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Remember Him?


I thought I would take an opportunity to write a little something about our first child, Chester.

This is the greatest dog ever! He has been so good with the baby around, sniffing her on occasion, but mostly just trying to ignore her, especially at 2:00 in the morning when she is screaming and he wants to sleep. Whenever I'm feeding her, he'll go into her room and just lay down on one of the rugs and lays patiently.

I know that he is bored and feels neglected, and I wish he could understand how much he is a joy in our family. Whenever Brylee is asleep, I try to take time and pet him more, or play (which is minimal at this time unfortunately). Whenever we go somewhere for a few hours we make sure to take him to one of our parents to play in the backyard. He loves going over there, and hates coming home with us.
I can't wait for Brylee to be old enough to play with him and bring out the puppy in him again!

2 comments:

Carymc said...

the louder she gets and the later in the night it is, the better i like him.

The Guess Family said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I love the picture at the top of your blog! You will be surprised how soon Brylee will fall in love with Chester. First Jetta and now Maggie were always able to stop my little ones from crying. Starting around 6 months old, they have loved to watch the dog and try to "pet" the dog!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...