Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Anniversary Night

Last night Cary and I had a wonderful evening celebrating 2 years of marriage. My mom and dad were wonderful enough to take Brylee and Chester for a little bit so Cary and I could have an 'us' evening.

We had our dinner at Bruno's which is the location where our rehearsal dinner was on December 14, 2007. We had dinner there last year on our anniversary as well. What a beautiful, romantic restaurant for a celebration!
I ordered my chicken parmisean, as I have done in the past (though the Manicotti was a close choice!) and we split cheese sticks and remembered our honeymoon...thinking back, one of my favorite days on our honeymoon was our first day when we were stuck in a Boston hotel due to a blizzard. Making the most of being trapped set the mood for the rest of the trip...and I loved every moment of it!

After dinner, Cary and I drove around looking at Christmas lights, as we did last year. This is such a fun thing to do, and I can't wait to do it with Brylee when she can share the excitement!
Last fun event of the night was stopping for dessert at Applebees. I had a Triple Chocolate Meltdown (very yummy and chocolaty!) while Cary had a Chocolate Chip dessert very similar to the Cookie Monster at Cheddars.
My favorite moment? When Cary used a gift card given to us by a family friend, and there was an amount left on the card that was the same amount of the desserts...he left that as a tip for the waitress. Merry Christmas!



We then went and retrieved the little ones, the rest of the evening still recalling what made each day special for us through marriage. Like I have said before, I am so thankful for my husband!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...