Monday, December 22, 2008

The 10th Memory Of Christmas That Is So Fond To Me

10 Hometeam Friends!!!
December 2006 was a very good time for me. November was when I got home from England and Finland for Steve's wedding. December greatly improved the rest of the year.


December 8, a few members of the hometeam went to see a play in Coppell, Fruitcakes. We first met at Dickeys for a yummy bar-b-que dinner.


For this outing it was Melissa, her boyfriend Scott, Ellen, Cary, and myself. The most I remember about dinner was how I found a long table for all of us in front of the door...that had a cold breeze blow through when it opened. That and Cary making a comment that the cole slaw was not very tasty. Ellen then convinced him to add a packet of sugar to it...how was it then Cary?


We then went to see the play, and I thought it was wonderful. But it doesn't hold a light to afterwards, when Ellen, Cary and I stood outside and talked for about 1 1/2 hours. We even ventured over to the local elementary school to try to find swings...but there were none!


I have written about this post before, so I'm going to try to keep it new and not repetive. That night, we left the place cold and not able to feel our toes. It also led to Cary's first and only myspace comment: I can feel my toes! (obviously after a warm shower).



The next night, the hometeam went out again after church to go look at Christmas lights. This time the outing consisted of Melissa, Scott, Amber, Fredrick, Tanya, Rick, Ellen, (Ellen's friend--sorry!), Cary, and myself. This is the night that I wanted Cary to ride in the car with me so I could get to know him better, but there were 4 'couples' and we were the only 'odd-balls'.



We all piled into our 2 vehicles and drove out to Dallas, where we stopped at Starbucks beforehand to get yummy warm drinks to help the holiday mood. My usual: Peppermint Hot Chocolate! The shopping center we stopped in was magical--all of the trees were wrapped with lights head to toe, and the atmosphere was so Christmasy.

I loved seeing some of the houses and how they decorated. One of the houses had a variety of things in their yard: manequins dressed in Christmas colors with earmuffs and scarves, reindeer, snowmen, and drums. We spent several minutes there taking pictures. A little later we found another house with moving things, like jack-in-the boxes. That was probably my favorite house!

That weekend was wonderful with the hometeam. Last I have heard, Melissa (who used to be one of the leaders) is now married to Scott, Amber (another leader) and Fredrick were going strong, and Ellen is married to a man whom she dated for 2 months beforehand. Whoever knew that 1 year later Cary and I were a week away from being married ourselves?!
Most Memorable Gifts
Mom's Brand New Tree
7th Grade Mischief
6 Family Gatherings
5 Christmas Trees!
Fire Department Santa
Marrying my hubby
Waking up at 2:00 a.m.
And 1 Golden Kitty!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...