Sunday, December 14, 2008

The 2nd Memory Of Christmas That Is So Fond To Me

Waking up at 2:00 a.m.


And sitting in the spare chair in the kitchen, just looking at the gifts under the lit tree and trying to guess what I got. I didn't want to ruin the excitement by actually getting closer and not having the same excitement when my parents finally got up.

I told myself that since it was only 2:00 (I did this for several years by the way) I would let my parents sleep and I could sit quietly until they did wake up. But the feeling wavered after about 45 minutes or 1 hour of sitting there. Then I would start making slight noises occasionally and then they would slowly grow louder.

When I just couldn't take it anymore, I went and pretty much jumped on their bed. I would drag them up and we would sit around the tree, opening gifts as we always do.

Mom would fix cinnamon muffins for breakfast and we would listen to KVIL's Christmas. Once I got the gifts open, the adrenaline would start dying slowly. After breakfast though, my parents would find me walking back to my room to 'put my gifts away', but they would always find me on my bed, asleep again!!


And 1 golden kitty!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...