Monday, December 15, 2008

The 3rd Memory Of Christmas That Is So Fond To Me

Is marrying my hubby!
I know that getting married should be the most fond for me, but I'm not really 'ordering these', and I wanted to post this one on this particular date because Cary and I got married 1 year ago today! This time last year, my friends and family were gathering to experience the greatest event thus far in my life.

The hotel convention room we married in was decorated Christmas style, with a Snowman theme on the cake. Brenda, mom, and I surprised Cary with an airplane cake, complete with a picture of him in the window from his days as a pilot.

I wasn't nervous at all. Well, maybe just standing in front of all those people (80ish) and exchanging vows with the most amazing man! But other than that, ask my mom, 2 Matrons of Honor, and cousin Kim, who all assisted me with getting ready that day. I was busy goofing off!

After all was said and done, we got to talk with all of our friends, and the party was winding down around 2:00 (sorry we missed you Chief Carter!!!) and then we were off on our new adventure.

Our first Christmas together was busy with the wedding, honeymoon in Vermont (the PERFECT honeymoon) and then coming home to Christmas with our families. I could write all day about how amazing our first Christmas was, but it would get super long and might bore a few of you (I think I see Cary dozing off himself!)

I can honestly say that this marriage has been blessed by God. I couldn't imagine a more happy time in my life, and I thank God every morning for waking up next to this incredible man!







Waking up at 2:00 a.m.
And 1 golden kitty!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 year Anniversary. Mom

The Guess Family said...

Happy Anniversary. I was just thinkng this weekend about how much fun we were having at your wedding this time last year! I will always remember the date, because it is also the day we accepted the position in Denver. Now I am typing Happy Anniversary to you from my warm living room....because it is 1 degree outside!!!! Enjoy your day.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...