Wednesday, December 17, 2008

December 15, 2008

Our 1 year anniversary!!! (As if you didn't know from previous posts...). How do we celebrate?



By doing things similar to what we did a year earlier!



Cary surprised me first of all with us dressing up nicely and then driving to Bruno's for dinner. Bruno's is a little Italian restaurant in Valley Ranch that we had our rehearsal dinner at on December 14 of last year. I am always reminding him of how DELICIOUS the Chicken Parmagiana was when I had it before. And of course, I ordered it again!



We had mozzarella cheese sticks for an appetizer and a salad, then the main course (Cary got Chicken with Artichoke Hearts). I could only eat half of my meal!



After a little bit of time enjoying the atmosphere and each other's company, we left Bruno's, visited Starbucks for a warm drink (Peppermint Hot Chocolate for me, Caramel Apple Spice for Cary) and then drove around Coppell looking at Christmas lights. So much fun!!!



After about 30 minutes of 'oohhing' and 'ahhing' over the lights, Cary pulled into a small parking lot. I recognized this place--we had been here twice before: it was a park that we went to once while we were dating, and the other time just after the rehearsal dinner where he surprised me with my beautiful pearl necklace and earrings.


We sat in the car for a few minutes reminiscing about the past year. The happiness that we both have together, our great teamwork, the honeymoon which we are both wanting to go on again....he then gave me another gift: a gorgeous cross with a tiny diamond in the center! Cary must know me really well--this cross is my exact style!



And apparently there is a story that goes along with this purchase: the guy he bought it from actually makes the jewelry. When Cary received it, it was originally yellow gold, which I'm not the biggest fan of. Cary contacted the man, he was very quick to make arrangements to exchange it out (his wife works locally) and was trying so hard to make sure the purchase was a happy one. I have to say: it is. I love my necklace! Thank you, Cary!!!!



Here is the guy's website if anyone is interested:



http://www.gcjonline.com/



He does beautiful work!



The end of our evening consisted of going home and breaking open the 1-year-old cake. Let me tell you--if you ever want ANYTHING preserved, go to my mom....it took us about 15 minutes to unwrap it, and it tasted like it was freshly baked...Thank you mom!!!



I love you Cary. You have made my world so incredible, and the last year has been such a blessing. Here's to 49 more! :o)

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...