Saturday, December 20, 2008

The 8th Memory Of Christmas That is So Fond To Me

Mom and her brand new tree!

Let's see...how does this pertain to the number 8? Hmmm. We'll say that it was delivered 8 days before Christmas--how's that?

One year for Christmas dad and I bought mom a new tree for the backyard, not long after the older one died and we had it removed. We missed the shade, and mom loves to garden. It was the perfect gift for her!

The tree was delivered earlier in the day, and as with any other gift, mom had no clue about it. When the evening came, the daylight went. I didn't think that it was too noticable in the dark sky. But mom has eyes like a hawk!

I saw her car pull around the alleyway as it does everynight. Heard the garage door open, as usual, and then her car doors shut. Then the back door from the garage into the house opened, and the back door into the backyard....Not a hello, not a how are you doing, nothing!

I then went to the back door and watched her as she stood there, literally at least 5 minutes and just stared at the tree. I guess now what made her see it was the big gold bow on it!

I loved looking at the smile on her face. She was like a kid!

That tree has now grown very large and is one of 2 that keep the yard almost completely shaded. Because of her hard work on her garden and grass, the backyard is a beautiful, relaxing place to enjoy a beautiful evening!

7th Grade Mischief
6 Family Gatherings
5 Christmas Trees!
Fire Department Santa
Marrying my hubby
Waking up at 2:00 a.m.
And 1 Golden Kitty!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...