Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The 12th Memory of Christmas That Is So Fond To Me:


I have thought long and hard about what this memory could be. Partly because there are so many memories that I have growing up, from Grandpa Jarvis reading "Twas The Night Before Christmas" to all of the kids, grandkids, and great grandkids, as well as Majay playing the piano and us singing Christmas Carols. Or the year the Jarvis' decided to 'adopt' a family, giving them full food and several gifts.

Then there is also the time that my babysitter, Ms. Rosemarie had us go be Christmas Carolers to her neighbors, and we got a reward of candy canes! Then another is the embarrassing high school memory of my Spanish teacher having us walk around the halls of the school singing Christmas Carols in Spanish...

As fond as these memories are, most are very small and vague, leaving me to wonder if some of them happened at all (alas, singing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer in another language was VERY real, and VERY embarrassing).

So therefore, I reserve this memory for all of the future. The growth of all of our family (Jarvis', McFaddens, and all those dear to us), the excitement of what is to come, for Cary and I, for Chester, for our future children, travels, homes, and traditions.

May God bless each one of you, your family, and friends this holiday season. And don't forget to share your memories and traditions with the ones you love!

11 Friends In One House
10 Hometeam Friends
Most Memorable Gifts
Mom's Brand New Tree
7th Grade Mischief
6 Family Gatherings
5 Christmas Trees!
Fire Department Santa
Marrying my hubby
Waking up at 2 a.m.
And 1 Golden Kitty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...