Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cary's First Santa Ride-out

Friday was a big day for Cary. Mom and dad worked hard to arrange letting him ride in the Fire Engine for Santa.

We drove to Station #3 and met Santa and my mom as well as several of the firemen on duty. As soon as we got there, it was time for them to load up and head out. Tonight, they were going to visit apartment complexes in the area.





While they were off, mom and I went and ran errands. I had not been feeling well all day, so I was as useful as a brick, but it was nice to be able to spend time with mom.

The whole event took about 2 hours, as that is the schedule that the firemen keep to until they reach all areas of Lewisville.



When all was said and done, mom and I met Santa dad and Cary at Central Station about 8:15. When I asked Cary what he thought of the experience, his answer?

"Makes me want to drive the fire engine even more!"


From the sounds of things, he seemed to enjoy it. I do like listening to his stories that he has, like how he was hot, but couldn't figure out how to roll down the window, and how the firemen discussed how much a fire engine costs....

I'm so glad he got to experience this, for as you can see from the earlier post, it was something I have loved to do whenever I can. The only thing I'm sad about the experience is that they went to apartment complexes, where they have less lights and not as much of a response. But I think they got quite a response from at least one complex they went to...

I do hope he had fun. I also hope that someday we will be able to share this with our children, and show them how much fun the Lewisville Fire Department and Santa Claus can be!

The pictures he took were not the best (but not by any fault of his), so I also want to leave you with one final picture for the night: our precious doggie realizing that he might someday need pet counseling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Cary had fun. I really wish we all could have ridden together...but for now Cary had the chance to ride a fire truck. Guess What? Cary and Santa went by Barbie Cory's Friday night. Julie told me Santa goes Ho, Ho, Ho!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...