Sunday, December 21, 2008

The 9th Memory of Christmas That Is So Fond To Me

Most Memorable Gifts!

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I have the most creative family!

Many times for Christmas I have received wonderful gifts. A couple of my favorites have been the homemade ones, like a pink and purple quilt from my Grandma Wilson and a cedar hope chest made by my Grandpa Jarvis. Other favorites include Barbara's extreme talent, where she made Care Bears for Kim, Erica, and me.

Growing up, the 3 cousins of the time with the Jarvis family would choose our own corner together and pile all of our gifts up there. Most of our gifts were pretty almost identical, like dolls that had different color hair (brunette for Erica, blonde for Kim, and red for me) or colors (pink for Kim, purple for me, and blue for Erica). Even the homemade Care Bears were similar! (Kim and I got the pink Cheer Bear and Erica got the blue Grumpy Bear!)

Others gifts given to me included a beautiful diamond bracelet my Grandpa Wilson gave me (I wore it on my wedding day), Cabbage Patch Dolls, these beautiful Lennox decoratives. I know it doesn't seem like much to some people, but they mean the world to me. More than that, my family means the world to me.

I hope that someday I am able to be as creative for my family. I want to create homemade gifts that will have everyone cherish them as much as I cherish my family!

Mom's Brand New Tree
7th Grade Mischief
6 Family Gatherings
5 Christmas Trees!
Fire Department Santa
Marrying my hubby
Waking up at 2 a.m.
And 1 Golden Kitty!

1 comment:

The Guess Family said...

Oh how I wish I still had that Carebear for Addison. She has the storebought Cheerbear, but it is certainly not the same!!!! She is always in awe when I tell her that I used to have one.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...