Friday, December 19, 2008

The 7th Memory of Christmas That Is So Fond To Me

7th grade mischief!



When I was in the 7th grade, we were out for the holiday season, and there was an early ice day for North Texas.

Kim and Erica were over after the weekend, and the parents were away at work for the day. We having so much fun running outside of the house and playing in the backyard , making snow angels with the little bit of un-stuck ice we had.

I was scheduled that year for knee surgery on the day after Christmas (I know...what a gift!) and I was told before hand by mom to stay inside with the weather so that I don't get sick or injured by slipping on the ice.

Mid-day, mom called to check on 'her girls'. After we reported that all was well and convinced her we were behaving ourselves, she said:

"Now, stop going outside. You can't get sick or injured before your surgery. Oh--and tell Kim to stay out of the tree."

As I looked over to the tree, I witnessed Kim looking under it, trying to figure out her gifts!

How did mom do that?! I promise you, Kim, Erica, and I went around the house looking for tape or video recorders.

6 Family Gatherings
5 Christmas Trees!
Fire Department Santa
Marrying my hubby
Waking up at 2:00 a.m.
And 1 Golden Kitty!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...