Friday, April 22, 2011

The Easter Post With Too Many Pictures...

Easter came this year with a wonderful gift:

My parents came to Small Town for the weekend!

So, our weekend was full of Easter and family fun from Wednesday to Sunday!

Wednesday night started with Cary and I decorating Easter eggs as soon as Brylee fell asleep...and I'm glad this is a time I didn't let her participate, because my fingers were covered in dye, so I don't even want to imagine what Brylee would have looked like!






































Even our little bare trees in front of our house got decorated (thanks to our neighbors' niece for the awesome idea!)

























Brylee's Easter Spoils: (no worries...we'll help her with them!)










My idea from Martha Stewart that I Brylee-fied:










My parents arrived at 10:45 p.m. on Thursday evening, and we got home from the airport at 1:30 Friday morning and all was in bed by 2:00.

When we woke up, I baked a cake for our dinner 'party' later, and then the family headed over to the Library for storytime. Brylee, again, loved it, and her T-Ma and Poppy enjoyed watching her, and she was even recorded for memories! The theme this week was Earth Day, and, of course, Easter!










The library had an egg hunt for all of the storytime attendees, which consisted of stepping outside, finding 1 egg, and then trading it in for a packet of coloring papers.



















Afterwards, it was a gorgeous day in Small Town, so we walked to a couple of shops in the town and then had lunch at a little cafe. Then, taking advantage of the beautiful weather, mom and I walked around the park while dad and Cary searched for a geocache or two.










Around 3:00, the family, and a very exhausted Brylee drove to Cary's parents' house, where we let her nap for a little bit, and then peeked outside to see that the Easter Bunny had visited her!

And now, Toddler vs. The Easter Eggs!

Toddler is off to a great start, finding the devious eggs hiding on the porch just as she steps out the door










(don't have much to say about this picture, except her face is ADORABLE!)










Oh! The Eggs tripped her!










Don't let that stop you, Toddler! Let the grandparents around you help you back up and get going again!







































Go, Toddler, go!



















And thanks to the help of her Opa, who gave her a lift to find the last remaining egg, who sneakily hid in the tree above!










Looks like the toddler won again, despite being outnumbered 38-1. Give that winning look on the porch Toddler!























A HUGE thank you to T-Ma for bringing the cool eggs, Poppy for filming the entire thing, and Oma and Opa for supplying their beautiful house and yard for the hunt...and also teaching Brylee how to hunt Easter Eggs! It was a big success!

After the egg hunt, Brenda, Gary, my parents, Cary, Brylee, and I regrouped at our house for a fabulous dinner of hot dogs, candy, and cake!



















Even though it was Good Friday and not officially Easter, it was a wonderful day to do some fun celebrating with family!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

From Tim Weaver via Facebook:

What great pictures and I am so happy that your parents were able to be there. Keep up with the pictures they will some of your most treasured things you own. I have been doing the project 365 it let's you store only one picture and text each day. I started on July 2 and I hope to put together a book a year in the life of me.

Jenn said...

via Facebook:

That's awesome Tim! There is a fantastic book making site: http://www.blurb.com/ . I made a couple of books through them, and slowly working on the next one. They do great work!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...