Friday, April 29, 2011

Our Royal Invitation

In the wake of all of the terrible storms that blew through the country this week, Friday has started with a positive note:

The Royal Wedding!

Brylee woke me up at 5:45, perfect timing because I did not set the alarm, but just as her first squeak came through, I jumped up, got dressed, and pulled the little one out of bed to come upstairs and enjoy the break of day!


No Royal Wedding is complete without a fancy hat, and though we didn't have anything quite as fancy (or weird...) as the guests had, Brylee wore her beautiful Easter hat!



I was impressed with how long her attention was held by the ceremony. But once the vows were said and the priests started their speech about marriage, she was back to playing with her box again.


Now for my wedding commentary:

The second I turned on the tv to the coverage, I got goosebumps. I may have never been a overly girly person, but I love a beautiful wedding, and of course, like so many other girls, grow up hoping that they would be a princess. And this lady is living that dream!


Kate was absolutely stunning! Her dress was gorgeous and not too over-the-top, but perfect for her. I hope that she brings the same beauty to the royal family that Diana did so many years ago.

May God bless their marriage, and may the public (and paparazzi) give them the privacy they deserve.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I love that Brylee can get 2 gifts out of one.The gift & the box!I guess she has started her recycling efforts at a very young age.
I do agree Kate was beautiful. The dress was perfect. I know a lot of people would have preferred more glamour but Kate had the dress of her dreams.All Brides once they have found their Prince should have the dress & weddings of their dreams...

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...