Thursday, April 7, 2011

Yet More Randoms

Brylee has her 6th tooth breaking through her gums! She now has 4 on the top, and 2 on the bottom. She is also currently munching away on a 1/4 of Eggo that I share with her every morning. And her cereal. She is alternating between the two...on her own...messily...growing up too fast...

She loves crackers, especially Chicken In A Biscuit (her mommy's favorite) and asks for crackers multiple times a day. It has come to that I have to make sure she eats 'real food' first and then is treated to a cracker...or sometimes, an Oreo...

She also loves ice cream. Takes after her T-Ma and Opa. And momma...

I'm not intending for it to become a food post, so let's regroup.

Spring is here! I think I'm going to really enjoy the spring in Maine. While Dallas is already having high 80's, we are slowly warming up, we are just now reaching the 50's...Oh how I love the cooler weather!! The snow is melting very quickly here and the sky is very blue this morning. The trees are starting to look green, though the grass is not as green, it will be...by August perhaps. Just in time for more snow in September. I exaggerate...slightly.


I took Chester to the vet yesterday for follow-up bloodwork for the medication he is on. The entire appointment took 1 1/2 hours, which I didn't mind, of course, because I felt like I was in my element. And I also got a compliment along the way, being 'hired' after successfully catching some urine for further testing...Actually has me thinking about seeing if the vet is really hiring, just part time, so I can get out and have adult interactions during the week...but I'm also torn, because I adore my time with Brylee, and don't feel like the house gets cleaned enough during the week, especially this week since I haven't been feeling all that well. I know I won't get this time back with Brylee when she gets older.

Speaking of adult interaction, last Tuesday, Brylee and I went to a playgroup at the Community Center. It is a weekly thing, where the kids get together, play with (or take away) toys, and the parents get to sit around and talk. I really enjoyed it, and Brylee did, too. Unfortunately, we didn't go back this week because we've been a little under the weather, and didn't want to risk affecting anyone else. Here's to next week!





Not much longer until Cary and Brenda don't have to work on Saturday! I'm very excited about this, but I'm sure I'm not as excited as they are. They have been working 60+ hours a week learning their new jobs, and trying to get through tax season. There is even a Tax Relief Dance in the community after the deadline, which I may have to drag Cary to, just to shake out all of those numbers in his head!

I'm so excited because it is now 2 weeks before my mom and dad will be back up here to help celebrate Easter. The house is somewhat decorated (well, the dining area is at least) and I've been obsessively looking through the Martha Stewart Living magazine that Cary got me that is Easter-based...drooling over the crafts I can't do. But I'm plotting to see what I can do, and how I can de-Martha them just slightly and Jenn-ify them...Just wait for pictures!




More on travel--Cary, Brylee, and I will be going home (to visit) in May! Mom's birthday is then, as is our little niece Helen's...and Gary's...and Steven's...as well as several others...But the visit will be to see my parents and celebrate mom's and Helen's. Gary's we'll celebrate here, as it is easy, because he is here! I'm very excited, and mom is already potentially planning a Game day so that I can see everyone without driving all over the place. I'm sure I'm very much out of practice with the busy roads Dallas has...and we'll have only been gone 3 months!

And....Maine was voted to be the most peaceful state by someone or another. No wonder why I've taken so many naps here!

Anything else going on? I'm sure there's tons, but for now, it's time to clean out the refrigerator, do some laundry, and get just a little cleaning done!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

From Brad via Facebook:

Fun! and we cant wait to see ya'll again.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...