Friday, April 8, 2011

The Latest On Chester

Poor Mutt. It just never seems to end for him.

We got the bloodwork back on his phenobarbital and potassium bromide levels, and nothing seems to go right for him.

His phenobarbital levels should be around 150, but it is 1800. Therefore, we need to try to get him off of his Phenobarbital ASAP. So, within 2-3 weeks, he should be off of phenobarbital, and hopefully without the side effect of more seizures.

And his potassium bromide levels are normal, however, we have very little room to play with.

For those who aren't 'seizure savvy', Phenobarbital can affect the liver...and Potassium Bromide can affect the kidneys. Both, obviously, are not a good thing to have affected.

I know that so many people are facing much worse in the world, such as poverty, family off to war, or perhaps even missing, but I love this dog. We adopted him and have found so much joy in him. Despite how much he has frustrated me in the last couple of weeks, I do love him, and he's very much a big part of our family.

Please think positive thoughts (or prayers) for him.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

From Autumn via Facebook:

I'm so sorry he is still going through that-and you guys, too! I will pray he can come off of the PB without new seizures. :(

Jenn said...

From Susan Tandukar via Facebook:

oh wow!!! I've been thinking about him a lot lately. I sure hope getting him off the phenobarb will be ok and he won't start having more seizures :( Poor lil guy. There are also other combo's that they can do with the potassium bromide t...hat can help. Let me know if you want the # to our vets here so that you could talk to them too :) I have been and will continue to pray for the lil guy. We love you CHESTER!!! (even though we've never met you) lol.

Jenn said...

From Dawn Bethke via Facebook:

I have Chester in my prayers along with the rest of the family. I hope everything gets under control so he can be a happy pup again along and then the family can be happy and at ease.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...