Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Orange Juice Was Freshly Grown, Freshly Squeezed...Or Freshly Forgotten

Saturday was originally a day we were going to go to North Conway, NH to attend an Easter Egg hunt held by the community for little ones. Since we had already had a super awesome egg hunt for Brylee the day before, and it was going to be rainy on Saturday, we decided to drive to Freeport to take my parents to L.L. Bean. 2nd time in 2 weekends for us, but there is never ending fun there!

We first had breakfast at a popular diner in Small Town, Ricky's, where the table was so small for our order, we had plates sitting on top of our glasses, and in our laps! It was very amusing to say the least!

Afterwards, we drove in the rain to Freeport, where it was hectic, due to it being Saturday. No better time for shopping!

More Chalk art:
Brylee knew exactly what to do as soon as she saw this board and didn't hesitate to show her grandparents her talent drawing colorful lines!






























Even all of the adults got in on the fun:










A 'tree house' that Brylee ran around on with the big kids. I think this may be her favorite store!












Lunch was at Jameson Tavern, where we filled our tummies and then were off again for more shopping! The big goal for going to LL Bean was for dad (and possibly mom) to find jackets and other winter-type gear to get set for winters here in Maine. Fortunately, they were successful and now 3 very colorful jackets sit in our extra closet...and we're just waiting for them to find the perfect shoes, gloves, head wear, etc!

On our way home, Cary had the great idea of stopping by the Portland Head Light so mom could see her first lighthouse. Despite the cold and wind, they got out of the car (I waited with a sleeping Brylee) and took some pictures! Hopefully mom enjoyed seeing it, and will be excited for another trip back to see more (in nicer weather) and to hunt down more lighthouses!







































On the way home, we stopped for Ice cream, and then relaxed a little until dinner time, where we went to eat some delicious pizza! (I know that eating dessert first was in the wrong order, but hey...this is my mom and dad's trip!)

































My pizza had broccoli--YUM!










As a side note, as we were walking through the parking lot to get to the store, dad and I saw a dead, black banana peel that was smushed against the ground like a starfish...so that became our inside joke for the day. So while he and mom were at one store, Cary and I visited a chocolate store next door, where I found chocolates shaped like a starfish, and I couldn't resist getting it for him, as well as some amazing Pecan Turtles. I got a great laugh out of him!











2 comments:

Brandi said...

I love it! You are making me miss our time in New England! I hope life is treating you well. :)

Jenn said...

From Ron Ford via Facebook:

Life is short, therefore; one must eat dessert first. Great chronicles of your weekend and visit with your folks.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...