Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Tragedy In Small Town

We've been here 2 months now, and I've started feeling comfortable, as well as finding things about Small Town and surrounding towns.

I have grown to love North Conway, NH, which is just 30 minutes away from us, but after this past weekend, it now also has a mark.

Over the weekend, the best friend of Cary and Brenda's business partner realized her daughter went missing. Her car was found, running, door open, and hazard lights on, and her 14 month old daughter inside, safe, but with a soiled diaper.

Last night on the news, we see now that the young lady's body was found in a pond. We still don't know what happened, but obviously this news has shaken the little towns.

While I never personally met this 20 year old woman, I feel pretty hard hit by this because of the fact that she is a mom of a young child. And now this little girl will grow up not being able to remember her mother.

Where did this world go wrong that people think it's ok to play God and take another person's life? Another question is, did the victim know her attacker? And if so, where can we learn to trust someone? Why can't the evil walk around with markings on them so we know to avoid them?

I know that none of these questions can be answered at this time. But I am still human and still ask God 'why' quite a bit. But ultimately, I know He has a plan. And He is sad when something tragic happens to one of His children. But He is still an amazing God, and I will follow Him.

I now just pray that the little daughter is surrounded by enough love to help her understand that there is still goodness in this world.

www.cnn.com

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...