Friday, April 15, 2011

Losing A Loved One


Gangy with my Aunt Kathie at Cary's and my wedding

Today, the world lost an amazing person. Though I was never related to her by blood, I considered her my grandmother. My adopted grandmother, the one who loved me as an additional granddaughter.

Though I was foolish and didn't keep up with her through the years, I loved her and whenever someone asked me how many grandparents I had, I didn't hesitate to keep her in my count.

I don't want to make this post about me, but I had the opportunity 3 times recently to take Brylee to meet her...but it never happened. And though Brylee wouldn't remember meeting her at such a young age, I wish the circumstances didn't prevent me from taking her anyways. Gangy would have remembered her. And I would have pictures of them together to show Brylee in the future.

Lord, Thank you for the gift of such a wonderful lady. Please lift up her children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren as they adjust to their new lives in a world without her. Please hold them and let them know that she is in a wonderful place now. She is with Papa, and free.

I can only imagine.

I love you Gangy!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

From T-Ma via Facebook:

AMEN!

Jenn said...

From Erica via Facebook:

She loved you too jennifer!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...